#5 Metal Look Zipper - SILVER - 1 metre of tape + 4 Pulls
Zip pulls are NOT PIN LOCK
So very happy to introduce our own by the metre Nylon Metal Look Zipper tape and exclusive zip pull. Such a beautiful quality product.
Create your own double zips, or simply eliminate zipper length wastage with the ability to cut to your length!
Listing is By the Metre and includes:
1 metre of top quality Nylon Metal Look #5 Zipper tape
4 x matching colour Exclusive HHA Zipper Pulls (These are NOT PIN LOCK Pulls)
Multiple quantities will be uncut eg. 3 quantities will provide you with 3 metres of Zip Tape and 12 pulls.
We've included a tutorial in the picture section to demonstrate how to attach your zip pulls to the zipper tape.
• True #5 sizing
• High quality plating which is colour fast and laundry safe.
• Fine Grosgrain tape reduces bulk and provides flexibility at the attachment points. Making it easier to sew and show. The grosgrain does have a tendency to fray at the ends, if this concerns, just pop a dab of fray stop on.
Please note the sliders included are NOT PIN LOCK which means they are not suitable for clothing. Pin lock pulls are available in a separate listing as packs of 5.
Attachment Instructions are:
1. Trim the top edge of the zip tape to a straight edge
2. Pull the teeth open about 5cm/2", enough for you to work with, you can make it large if this is easier for you to manage.
3. Slide one side of your zipper tape into one side of your zip pull.
Stop just where the sides of the pull begin to narrow and the side edges begin.
Don't go all the way to the base of the pull at this time, let the zipper pull do the work for you.
4. Insert the other side of the tape to the exact same point on the zip pull so the top edges of the tape line up.
5. Using your fingers, push on the base of the zip pull whilst moving the tape through the sides.
6. Once the tape has made it evenly to the base of the pull, place the tape and pull onto a flat surface.
Hold the tape down with two fingers and pull the zipper pull onto the tape, completing your zipper!
To make a double zip, repeat these steps on the other end of your tape and meet in the middle.
It's really hard!
The biggest problem is inserting the zipper tape (step 3) too far along the length of the pull when you're first attaching it.
If this happens you'll fight the pull the whole way, best to stop, pull the zip pull off and start again. Trim any uneven edges. You want the tape to just stop just past (1-2mm) where the side edges begin. Let the pull do the work for you, its internal design takes over at this point.
Tapes are uneven
Ensure the tapes are in alignment at step 3 and maintain an even pushing/pulling action in step 5
|Brand||Betty Box Pleat|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Betty Box Pleat users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.